My Life. Beautiful, Ugly, Unfiltered.
Tag Archives: west virginia
July 18, 2011Posted by on
This past week, our little family took and adventure “home” to West Virginia. As always, we only had a few days to spend with the family- but it was a really fun two days. First we stopped at my mom’s house, The Farm. Astaire had such a blast running around chasing Granna’s new dog Trixie, riding the four wheeler, picking fresh blueberries, and looking for the cows.
After two days, we traveled on to my dad’s house, my childhood home. It was so much fun having a wieny roast like when I was younger and also seeing Astaire play in the same places I used to play. She got to swing on a tree swing, slip and slide, and play in the creek with my dad.
and my favorite picture from the weekend:
March 16, 2011Posted by on
I wanted to title this post “Super Fun Facts for Friday”– but that would mean I’d have to wait two more days before writing it, and well to be honest, I’d probably forget what I was about to say.
So next week, tune in for Super Fun Facts(and opinions) Friday…and for now, just enjoy my wacky mood.
I leave you with 10 random thoughts from this week.
- I love it that Astaire is in love with steamed carrots and broccoli. It makes me feel like I am doing something really good- when in fact it has nothing to do with me.
- I’m pretty sure that I have the strangest kid ever, but it makes me love her more.
- That thing I said about hand washing dishes being therapeutic…it’s nonsense. Dishwasher. Needed. Stat!
- I am secretly doing the Dave Ramsey seven steps because Josh doesn’t want to take the class…guess that cat’s out of the bag.
- My new favorite thing to do is tell my money where to go— “hey there 50 cents in the bottom of my purse- YOU get in that vending machine and get me that fake mustache.”
- Brad the bachelor scares me. Especially when he starts to get irritated and gives out his under the breath warnings “Easy, Easy”- That’s National Television code for
- Emily is 25… I am 25. She looks like she could be my cougar of a mom…or Lauren’s(pictured here with me) much older sister. Just sayin’….I don’t look anything like any of those girls on that show..who are all supposedly my age.
- Aside from the very apparent age gap- Emily (and Lauren) and I could totally be BFF’s. We have so much in common. She is from Morgantown, WV- and now lives in Charlotte (me too!) and she has a super cute little girl just like me. Also, she would never have to worry about me trying to steal her man, because…..
- Although Josh thinks he looks “exactly like Brad” he totally does not. And I think Brad is stupid, and watching that show has made me soooo happy that #1 I am already married to the only guy for me & #2 that I never have to worry about shopping for a father for my child, because like my BFF said so well “It’s not always fun…I mean, It’s not always fun.”
November 7, 2010Posted by on
Sometimes, you just have to sit back, and recognize that we all have little red on our neck. It’s worth embracing, and always worth a good laugh. Here are a few of my family’s most recent “red” moments:
You Might Be a Redneck if:
- You can’t bring yourself to pay $68 a month for a Gymboree membership for your 1 year old daughter, so instead you build your own.
- You break your TV by pushing the ON/OFF button too hard and it caves all the way in, so you currently are turning the TV on/off with an ink pen
- You actually have to get up and use the ink pen because your daughter used the remote as a teething device and the slobber destroyed its magical channel changing powers. Read more of this post